Crab, Corn and Tomato Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 5 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices ripe beefsteak tomato
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine rind, 3 Tablespoons lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard salt and pepper in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 1 1/2 Tablespoons juice mixture. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons juice, corn, basil, red bell pepper, red onion and crabmeat to remaining juice mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange 2 tomato slices and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes on each of 4 plates. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon reserved juice mixture over each serving. Top with corn and crab mixture.
Recipe makes 4 servings (8 weight loss surgery-friendly servings).
Nutrition Information Per Weight Loss Surgery-Friendly Serving: 121 Calories, 2.8 g Fat (0.3 g Saturated Fat, 1.3 g Monounsaturated Fat, 0.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat), 64 mg Cholesterol, 306 mg Sodium, 8.9 g Total Carbohydrate, 1.8 g Fiber, 15 g Protein.
Recipe from www.myrecipes.com.