2 cups of finely chopped leeks (whites only)
1 cup coarsely chopped white onions
1 T butter or tub margarine
41/2 14.5-oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
1/4 tsp white pepper
1. In a large pot, cook leeks and onions with butter or margarine.
2. Add chicken broth and carrots and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes until the carrots are tender.
3. Cool soup and purée in a blender or food processor.
4. Return the purée to the pot and add white pepper.
5. Bring to a simmer and serve.
Makes 8 servings
Nutrient Analysis per serving (1 cup)
Calories: 60;Total fat: 1.5 g;Sat fat: <1 g;Trans fat: 0 g;Cholesterol: 0 to 4 mg;Sodium: 66 mg;Total carbohydrate:11 g; Dietary fiber: 2 g;Sugars: 11 g;Protein: 1 g;Beta-carotene (Vitamin A): 99 mg