- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn, zucchini, onions, and 1/8 teaspoon salt to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, water, pepper, egg whites, and egg, stirring well with a whisk. Coat pan with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan; cook until edges begin to set (about 2 minutes). Gently lift the edges of omelet with a spatula, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan. Spoon corn mixture onto half of omelet; sprinkle corn mixture with cheese. Loosen omelet with a spatula, and fold in half over corn mixture. Cook 2 minutes or until the cheese melts. Carefully slide omelet onto a plate.
Recipe makes 2 bariatric surgery-friendly servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 140 Calories, 5.1 g Fat, 2.2 g Saturated Fat, 1.7 g Monounsaturated Fat, 0.7 g Polyunsaturated Fat, 165 mg Cholesterol, 474 mg Sodium, 12.6 g Carbohydrate, 2.1 g Fiber, 12.4 g Protein.