These are delicious and you don’t have to feel too guilty about indulging in one of these!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- colored sprinkles (optional… but fun!)
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Cut the banana in half lengthwise, then in half to make four quarters. Insert popsicle stick into bananas and freeze on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- When the bananas are frozen, fill a coffee mug with chocolate. Melt chocolate and oil in microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring until the chocolate is melted and soft.
- Dip the bananas one at a time in the chocolate, scraping off the excess chocolate from the back of the banana, and place it on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Quickly add the sprinkles on the rounded side before the chocolate hardens. Place on wax paper and return to the freezer until frozen and ready to eat. Eat frozen and enjoy!
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 99 Calories, 4.9 g Fat, 0.3 g Protein, 15 g Carbohydrate, 1.7 g Fiber, 10 g Sugar, 0.3 mg Sodium.
Original recipe from http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/frozen-banana-popsicles.html.