- 5 pounds winter squash (such as butternut, buttercup, kabocha or hubbard), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss squash with 4 teaspoons oil, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the variety of squash).
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Toss the roasted squash with the garlic and parsley. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Recipe makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 104 Calories, 3 g Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 2 g Monounsaturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 357 mg Sodium, 21 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 2 g Protein.
Recipe from www.eatingwell.com.