- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 5 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 10 oz. vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 lb. leftover turkey, shredded
- 1.5 cups leftover roasted vegetables (potatoes, carrots, celery, etc.)
- Saute the onion and apple in the oil until softened in a pan. Stir in the sage for one minute, then stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the stock followed by the mustard and honey.
- Bring up to a simmer and stir in the turkey and roast vegetables. Cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes until turkey is piping hot. Season as desired.
Recipe makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 205 Calories, 6.5 g Fat, 1.5 g Saturated Fat, 400 mg Sodium, 17 g Carbohydrate, 9 g Sugar, 2 g Fiber, 20 g Protein.
Recipe from www.bbcgoodfood.com.