- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and tenders removed
- 2 Tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet banana peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To prepare packets, start with four 20- to 24-inch-long pieces of parchment paper or foil. Fold in half crosswise. With the parchment or foil folded, draw half a heartshape on one side as if you were making a Valentine. Use scissors to cut out the heart shape. Open up the heart.
- Place a chicken breast on one side of each open heart fairly close to the crease and leaving at least a 1-inch border around the edges for folding and spread with mustard.
- Toss zucchini, peppers, shallots, tomatoes, oil, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Place about 1 1/4 cups of the vegetable mixture on top of each piece of chicken.
- Close the packet to cover the ingredients. Starting at the top, seal the packet by folding the edges together in a series of small, tight folds. Twist the tip of the packet and tuck it underneath to help keep the packet closed. Place the packets on a large rimme baking sheet (packets may overlap slightly). Bake until the vegetables are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F, about 25 minutes. Let the packets rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Servng: 243 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 5 g Monounsaturated Fat, 78 mg Cholesterol, 522 mg Sodium, 7 g Carbohydrates, 0 g Added Sugars, 2 g Fiber, 30 g Protein.