- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 raw shrimp (8 – 12 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 2 plums, pitted and cut into sixths
- Whisk oil, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and salt in a large bowl. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a small bowl to use as dressing. Add shrimp, jalapeños and plums to the remaining marinade; toss to coat.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Make 4 kebabs, alternating shrimp, jalapeños and plums evenly among four 10-inch skewers. (Discard the marinade.) Grill the kebabs, turning once, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Drizzle with the reserved dressing.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 194 Calories, 8 g Fat (1 g Saturated Fat, 4 g Monounsaturated Fat), 221 mg Cholesterol, 446 mg Sodium, 5 g Carbohydrate, 0 g Added Sugars, 1 g Fiber, 24 g Protein.
Recipe from www.eatingwell.com.