- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 4 large plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved
- 1 lime, divided
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle fillets with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place tomatoes, onion, and jalapeño on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill tomatoes, cut side down, 6 minutes. Turn; grill for 1 minute.
- Grill onion and jalapeño for 6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from grill, and cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and onion; finely chop jalapeño. Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and juice from 1/2 lime.
- Serve salsa over fish. Garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe makes 8 weight loss surgery-friendly servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 168 Calories, 9.3 g Total Fat (1.8 g Saturated Fat, 3.3 Monounsaturated Fat, 3.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat), 200 mg Sodium, 3.1 g Carbohydrate, 0.9 g Fiber, 17.4 g Protein.
Recipe from www.myrecipes.com.